Thursday, 15 December 2011

I had a look at overseas teaching positions - initially thinking of Australia but all the searches there turned up jobs in the UK. Hey: I can get a British passport!

The jobs turn out to be worth from 35000 pounds - good grief! So I talked to an agent there and she tells me that I need to have two people give me testimonials from classroom teaching in the last two years. They are quite happy if it is two from the same lesson even if it the only lesson ever and suggested I volunteer at a school just to get them.

That sounds promising.

Of course it means that I have to wait until next year and either (a) find a school that will do this, or (b) go do a section via teachers college. There is always option (c): finding two people to lie through their teeth for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment